You might have been facing this issue when trying to install an update on your newest or latest Windows operating system which keeps providing you with error messages like KB5030310 not to worry again we’ve provided a comprehensive guide in the article on how to fix KB5030310 update not installing error on windows 11.
Microsoft’s latest operating system windows 11 for PC or computer systems seems to bring people a lot of issues that they might be finding difficult to fix which includes or bring up error code KB5030310.
And most people have been finding different ways that they can use to get this fix. If you are one of those people who face issues with your operating system, reduce your worry.
You will get a solution to such a problem soon.
How To Fix KB5030310 Not Installing Update Error On Windows 11
We are going to be sharing with you some steps that you can follow that can help you to solve the issue or any kind of error you might have been facing on your Windows 11 related to KB5030310 not installing updates.
All you need to do is follow them up one after the other and proceed to the next one if the first one you follow does not work for you.
Let’s get started.
Fix KB5030310 Error By Running Update Troubleshooting
- The solution can be done by going to your system settings.
- Go to the start-up menu and select settings.
- From the list of settings that are provided click on System.
- Once you get to the system settings select Troubleshoot.
- From the list of troubleshooting option, you should select Other Troubleshooters.
- Right after that you should see Windows Update.
- Click on it and select the Run option button.
Wait for the troubleshooting windows update to complete after it is completed you can now restart your PC and see if the issue relating to KB5030310 error has been fixed.
If that does not fix the problem then you can just move to the next step.
Get the Latest Updates as soon as they are available (Need To Be turned on)
- Once you turn on the get update when available option that should help you to fix the issue you are facing.
- Use the Windows Search option to search for Check for Updates.
- Open the first result you get, Click on More options.
- You should be provided with a list of some other settings including Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available.
- Turn on the get update option and check for updates.
- You will need to wait for the update to complete and click on download & install.
- That should download the KB5030310 update and get everything fixed.
Restart BIST & Windows Update
Once you restart background intelligent transfer services BITS and Windows update that should also help you to fix KB5030310 update error you are facing.
- Still, use the Windows search bar to search for Service and select Windows Update.
- Click on it twice and scroll down to Startup Type it should be set to Automatic.
- Tap on the apply button then you can click on Okay.
- Click on Windows Update again select Restart The Service and look for background intelligence.
- Click on it twice and the Startup type should be set to automatically tap on Apply.
- Now click on the okay button and restart the service.
- Lastly, Reset your computer.
Using Microsoft Windows 11 Download Assistant
- Visit the official Windows 11 download page.
- Use to download now button to locate the Windows 11 installation assistant.
- Download the .exe file and run it.
- Follow the prompt setup provided on your screen to fix your issue.
- Using Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog official website.
- Use the search option to search for KB5030310.
- From there you can download the Windows 11 KB5030310 update.
- After you download it, follow up with the prompt page after that is done restart your computer.
- That should help you to apply the update.
Using Media Creation Tool
- The media creation tool can also be found on the Microsoft Windows 11 update download page.
- Use the download button available on the option to download the media creation tool.
- Run the downloaded file or the setup file.
- Follow the prompt page to get the problem fixed.
Windows Update Components Resetting
You’ve tried every step we provided above and it does not work for you, what you need to do next is to make use of this Windows update components reset option which can help you fix the KB5030310 issues you are facing.
Create a new file on your Notepad app available on your Windows 11.
Use the Windows search option to search for the app (Notepad) and open it.
Copy the below code and paste it on the notepad.
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
The file should be saved with .bat extension just like you save an image file as .jpeg or .jpg and right-click on the file.
Run the file as administrator which should help you to restart all Windows update services.
It will also reset all other related update components.
Proceed to restart your PC after that and you can now install the KB5030310 update successfully this way.
We’ve gathered up different steps and methods you can use to fix the KB5030310 update not installing issue for Windows 11, which you should pick from the list the one that will work for you.
At this stage, you should have fixed the error on your PC and it should be running now as it is supposed to run, enjoy making use of your Windows 11 operating system.